My base Windows install

I have just gone through the process of setting up a new Windows PC and thought I would jot down the current applications I have installed:
  • The machine came with XP pre-installed and, for now at least, I've decided to keep it.
  • Downloaded the latest Windows Updates
  • Installed Firefox, with the add-ons of Delicious and IE Tab
  • Tweetdeck (which also installed Adobe Air)
  • Upgraded the Flash Player (when prompted by the browser)
  • Installed AVG Anti-virus Free and removed the previous anti-virus solution
  • Irfanview

In terms of other software I expect to install in the imminent future:
  • Notepad++
  • Open Office
  • Video viewing software and codecs as required
  • Canon Camera Software
  • WAMP Server (for if I decide I want to do development on the machine)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Considerations when responding to an RFI or RFP (a view from the receiving end)

Using Raspberry Pi as a Time Capsule to backup a Mac

Exporting from OpenOffice Base database to SQL